Credit Union savings are known as shares. Hence the return on savings is called a dividend. Each share has a value of €1. Savings provide the capital base for funding loans.
Credit Union members can rest easy in the assurance that their savings are safe. Credit Unions in Ireland affiliated to the Irish League of Credit Unions (ILCU) are secured in several ways:
- All officials of Credit Unions whether volunteers or staff are fidelity bonded.
- Members are guaranteed up to €100,000 under the Deposit Guarantee Scheme and savings are protected by the Irish League of Credit Unions Savings Protection Scheme.
- Members savings (subject to certain limits) are insured through Life Savings Insurance.
- Full financial statements are available on request.
- Annual independently audited returns are lodged with the relevant authority, The Central Bank of Ireland.
Uncommitted savings are available 6 days a week.
Maximum Savings Per Member
From the 1st January 2016, maximum savings per member is €100,000.
Terms & Conditions apply.
- Demonstrates your ability to meet future commitments.
- Builds your reputation with the Credit Union.
- Builds a nest egg for you and your family.