Ten Top Tips to Protect Your Account from Fraud.14 November, 2022
Protect your Account from Fraud
To protect you and your account from fraud, please remember these 10 Top tips:
1. Never respond to an email or text asking for financial, personal or security information.
2. Your personal details are precious – always keep PINs and passwords private.
3. Don’t click on links or attachments in unsolicited emails or texts. Log into accounts and websites directly.
4. Remember, your Credit Union will never ask for PIN, One-time passcodes, or security details.
5. Don’t assume an email, call or text is genuine because someone has basic information like your name or address. Fraudsters use publicly available information to lure you in.
6. Did you know it takes two people to terminate a landline call? Make sure you hear a dial tone when you hang up or call back to check the caller’s ID – and never use a number given to you by the caller.
7. Always keep your debit/credit card in sight when paying for goods or services.
8. Cover your PIN every time you pay using your card and at the ATM.
9. Unsecured public Wi-Fi networks are hotspots for fraudsters – use 4G when shopping or
10. If something doesn’t feel right, it probably isn’t. Stay in control and don’t be rushed into making a decision you might regret. It’s always better to check, chat and challenge.
If at any stage you provide your account information to a third party like the scenarios described above, or if you are in any doubt about a company that you have provided your account details to, please contact Monaghan Credit Union Immediately on 047 81810.